Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Inspiration in unexpected places

I firmly believe that if you keep your mind and heart open, what you need will come your way.
I've seen that time and time again in my life.
And today brought yet another example.
Lately I've been concerned about my future.
What do I want out of my life?
When do I want to have a family?
What does the future bring?
I'll admit I'm not evenly remotely good at living in the moment.
I just want to hurry up and have the perfect life already!
I recognize the ridiculous of that statement now. But sometimes you have to see the proof in print.

I'm a huge fan of A Beautiful Mess. If you don't know what I'm talking about, click here. It'll change your life.
I love their blog for a variety of reasons: they're sisters, they're crazy creative and what they do is accessible. You know what I mean - I'm glad there are people in the world who have the time and the money to make hand-embroidered toilet paper-but that's just not realistic.
I also love that they are right here in my town!
If they can make it happen, in my home town, why can't I?
But that gets hard to believe, especially when you're just starting out.

That's what brings me to the inspiration part.
Today is the six-year anniversary of A Beautiful Mess. And while it can be easy to look from the outside, at all their professional success and personal happiness and think I'll never make it, they wrote this post today about their history.
The good, bad and ugly.!
And let's be honest. After six years, there was a lot of hardship and hardwork there.

This post couldn't have come at a better time for me.
I'm not going to rush through life and be successful overnight.
I'm going to have to work hard and be patient (eeek! Hate that word).
But more than anything, I've got to learn to enjoy right now.

Because what else is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment