Friday, October 4, 2013

Painting DIY: Two for One



Hello bloggies! (Is that even really a nickname, I don't know)

I've been MIA for a week for ....


....


A VACATION!

This is where I should post fantastic pictures of the beach and drinks with little umbrellas in them, right?

Dream on. I don't make that kind of money.

No, my break was very much a stay-cation, but a fabulous one at that.

And, to make it even better, I did all sorts of crafty/DIY/fun stuff for the blog!

So we all win!!

Up first, a two-for-one painting project.

This was actually inspired by another painting I had done earlier in the week, where I used a papertowel to clean my brush. When I was done, I realized just how much paint was wasted on that paper towel that I was just going to throw away. And it was actually kinda pretty.

Then the experiment started.

I used a fairly cheap canvas as my palette this time, and I also cleaned my brushes on it.



Canvas #1. I sketched a penguin free-hand. My sister loves penguins and needed some art for her new place.
Putting colors together is easy when you use a set. This is from the one, the only, Martha Stewart.

Here is canvas #2. I literally used and abused it, without much thought to how it looked.
The finished first canvas! I call him Disco Penguin.
And canvas #2. Please ignore the fact that my feet are in this picture.

So what do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment