Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Being thankful



This year at I had every intention of sticking with the whole Facebook-thankful-every-day-in-November thing.
But I, of course, got bored with it quickly.
It's not that I don't have plenty of things to be thankful for.
Really.
I'm the luckiest girl in the world.
The thing is, I doubt anyone else is all that interested in what I'm thankful for.
So then why am I wrong this, you ask?
While I think Facebook is more about communication, this blog is different.
I absolutely want to connect with you, my readers. And I promise that this blog will be 98 percent crafty, thrifty, smart and funny.
But I also want this blog to be a reflection of myself. My favorite bloggers, the ones I absolutely have to read EVERY DAY, are the ones who genuinely put part of themselves out there.
So every once in awhile, I might post a little bit about myself.
This is one of those times.
Since I wussed out and didn't do a daily gratitude posts daily, here's a wrap-up.

I am truly blessed.

My dad is, and has always been, the person I can depend on. I'm fairly confident that if I were to call him from Peru at three in the morning with some sort of crisis, he would still find some way to help me.

My mom is my backbone. She's the one who keeps my head up in the worst of times. She sets me straight when I need it. She's my biggest cheerleader, and when I need it, the coach kicking my butt.

My little sister drives me freaking nuts. And she also inspires me and amazes me. She makes me so proud. She is so driven. There's nothing that can stop her.

My Boyfriend is my other half. He completes me. What ever cliche you can think of, it's true and not enough all at the same time. He's just the best.

My animals are my babies. I know that makes me sound crazy, but my animals bring me so much joy. They are sweet and loving and adorable. I think everyone can use more of those things in their lives.

My job is fulfilling. I don't make a crazy amount of money. I don't have that consistent of a schedule. Sometimes it's incredibly stressful. But I work with the most amazing group of people and every once in a while we get the awesome responsibility and honor of changing our community for the better. I'll take that any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment